This October, we will be hosting a group show in conjunction with the Raices Cultural Center and Modern Art Solutions. Join us!
We are looking for artists to participate in an exhibition inspired by the theme “Water Is Life”. Artists are welcome to create pieces inspired by the doodles of Isaac Murdoch, who is the featured artist and inspiration for this exhibit series, or original works in any style on the theme "Water is Life". All art being displayed in the exhibit should aim to bring an awareness to the degradation of the natural environment and inspire a desire to protect our water, land and air.
Submission Deadline: October 16, 2017
Exhibition Dates: October 28, 2017-November 19, 2017
All artists, both professional and emerging, are invited to submit works for the group show to be held at Tiger Art Supply and Modern Art Solutions. Submissions can be:
- Collaboration pieces based on or inspired by Thunderbird Woman and other doodles by Isaac Murdoch, (examples of Isaac's work can be seen below).
- Original artwork inspired by the theme “Water Is Life” or the related themes “Land Is Life”, “Air Is Life”, the connection between culture and nature and/or the protection and preservation of nature.
- All mediums accepted, please bring submissions ready to hang on the wall.
There will be FOUR LOCATIONS with artwork on display during the Water Is Life series opening reception:
- Chamber 43 record shop will feature a solo exhibit of Isaac Murdoch’s digital prints which revolve around protecting and revering nature, including the water, air and land. This exhibit will focus on the connection between culture and nature and the history of indigenous and first nations peoples as protectors of the water, land and air.
- Blank Space Highland Park will feature another solo exhibit, Our Plastic Waters, by artist Lisa Bagwell, who crafts sculptures out of garbage, mainly plastic. This exhibit will highlight the problem of plastics in our waters and encourage attendees to rethink the use of single-use plastics in their day to day lives.
- Modern Art Solutions and Tiger Art Supply will host a group exhibit, salon style, to feature local artists working in collaboration with featured artist Isaac Murdoch as well as original pieces inspired by the exhibit themes “Water Is Life”, “Land Is Life”, “Air Is Life”
There will be poetry, music, artist talks and Ojibwa legends presented during the opening reception event. This will be a dynamic program and we welcome any additional suggestions or ideas from participating artists.
If you have any questions about the exhibit themes or any other details please email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call Raíces EcoCulture Coordinator Nicole Wines at
For more information about the exhibition, and for details on the submission process, see the link below.
Please be sure to share this call to art with any and all artists and arts groups you know in the area to help spread the word so we can ensure a successful event with a diverse range of artists represented.